soireadthisbooktoday

So, I Read This Book Today . . .

Editing Fees and Guidelines

I look forward to working with you!

Death's Hand
S.M. Reine
Perfect
J.C. Mells
Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson, Robert J. Crane, S.M. Reine, Daniel Arenson

The Passage: A Novel

The Passage - Justin Cronin It is a shame that Cronin had such a great book going in the first 200 pages - then simply killed off his character and started a whole new book 100 years in the future. Maybe he should have written a 200 page book, and left it at that?

I am calling this "The Age of Publisher's Betrayal of the Reader". It is apparently more important to the publishing houses to make buckets of money by overhyping than it is to produce readable books. They put forward huge marketing campaigns, get the word out there with paid reviewers, phony blog posts, etc. and start selling the books quickly enough that, by the time we discover what crap they are, it is already too late - the books are sold, the publishers have their money, and the rest of us are sitting here feeling used, abused, and not even kissed.

Something needs to be done to shake up the publishing houses, that is for sure. Maybe if everyone took all the books that are real stinkers, that came out with huge publishing campaigns, and sent them back to the publishers with demands for refunds, something would happen? LOL. As if. This is why I wait a considerable amount of time before I purchase "hot" books. There are WAY too many phony reviews out there for me to be comfortable spending my admittedly minimal 'entertainment' funds on a book that is going to disappoint. I would rather go back and read The Stand again than be disappointed by this book. After reading the reviews? I am glad I saved my two credits with Audible.com. Though I think Scott Brick could read the phone book to me and be worth listening to, i am sick of putting out my money to back marketing campaigns that support weak works of literature.