soireadthisbooktoday

So, I Read This Book Today . . .

Editing Fees and Guidelines

I look forward to working with you!

Death's Hand
S.M. Reine
Perfect
J.C. Mells
Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson, Robert J. Crane, S.M. Reine, Daniel Arenson

Angel Town (Jill Kismet, #6)

Angel Town - Lilith Saintcrow Jill Kismet kicks your fanny sideways.....

Just finished the six-book series of Jill Kismet and I am way tired! That's because I literally couldn't put the series down. I had read books 1-4 quite a while back, and remembered that I enjoyed them tremendously. When I noticed that five and six were out, I decided to do what I do with excellent series books and reread them from the beginning. That is when, of course, I remembered that the LAST time I read these books, I also managed to lose a ton of sleep - they are literally impossible to put down.

Jill Kismet is what every woman who has known pain, hardship and betrayal from the time of her birth secretly wishes to be. She kicks ass, takes names, and, with all the homicide that she commits on a nightly basis, remains true to herself, to her life, the people who love her and whom she protects with her life. The character is totally amazing, while at the same time being real in the pain that she suffers both physically (a LOT!) psychologically, spiritually, and mentally.

The character development is incredible, and the world building is absolutely astounding. The world contains aspects of our world, while developing aspects of history, spirituality, and mythology from our world and from the creative mind of Lilith Saintcrow. The melding is meticulous, the development gripping, and the whole series makes me want to live in that world. Preferably, as a Sanctuary!

I am glad I actually decided to start this series. I couldn't actually make myself like Dante Valentine, but Jill Kismet? I wouldn't want to be her, she is just too, too tough for me to keep up with! But she is definitely someone I would want for a friend. but I would absolutely love to take Sanctuary training under Galina. All in all, one of my favorite series out there. Well worth the read!