soireadthisbooktoday

So, I Read This Book Today . . .

Editing Fees and Guidelines

I look forward to working with you!

Death's Hand
S.M. Reine
Perfect
J.C. Mells
Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson, Robert J. Crane, S.M. Reine, Daniel Arenson

Maggie for Hire (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #1)

Maggie for Hire  - Kate Danley First, let's get out of the way what Maggie isn't - this isn't a "romance" paranormal or not. It isn't a "serious" urban fantasy work in the vein of Kate Daniels or Mercy Thompson. It is, instead, a pure and total snarky laugh riot. It is total enjoyment, a few hours of pure relaxation, where the weight of the world goes away and you can immerse yourself in another world.

"I suddenly felt like I was about to learn that I had walked into a great big game show of The Multiverse's Next Top Stooge, Riiight."

The world that you are immersing yourself in is really two worlds - the "normal" everyday world, and another, sitting side-by-side with this world, where all of our dreams and fears exist. If you have ever read Heinlein's "The Number of the Beast" you are familiar with multiple world theory (well, if you are familiar with modern science, you are also familiar, lol) The Other Side, in Maggie's case, is a world that fairy tale creatures and monsters of all types populate. As a Tracker, Maggie finds, and brings back to the Other Side, those who 'slip' across the barrier between worlds. What happens in this edition is exciting and entertaining, and full of a kind of snarky attitude that had me laughing out loud all through the book.

A couple of favorite quotes:

"Lacy interrupted herself to shout at the zombie porter, "Cut it out! He's a vampire! he doesn't have a brain!"

"Locking eyes with a vampire: "Way To Get Yourself Killed Right Quick #84" in the Idiots Guide to not Getting Dead By A Monster."

See? Pure fun, with a bit of action, a lot of crazy uncle and grins galore.

Now, "I shall run a load of laundry before we kick the bad guys' asses."

Read. Relax. Enjoy. And don't go in with any expectations other than the fact that it is supposed to be fun and you will be very glad you did.