soireadthisbooktoday

So, I Read This Book Today . . .

Editing Fees and Guidelines

I look forward to working with you!

Death's Hand
S.M. Reine
Perfect
J.C. Mells
Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson, Robert J. Crane, S.M. Reine, Daniel Arenson

Fluffy Fun!

The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls, #1) - Kristen Painter

I had really fun Halloween. Well, a fun reading Halloween. Out here we don’t get trick-or-treaters, but I did get to read The Vampire’s Mail Order Bride by Kristen Painter. Truthfully, I am not a vampire lover. As anyone reading my reviews knows, after working in the morgue, the whole ‘kissing the dead’ thing just really doesn’t do it for me. But in this case, the mythology Kristen developed made it a whole lot more fun for me.

Delaney James is in a bad spot. After seeing her boss at the restaurant shoot someone, and getting caught at catching him, she is on the run. Slipping into a business to slip her pursuers, she finds it to be a dating service. Snatching a file off the desk, she finds herself posing as a match for a groom-to-be. Hummm . . . gunned down by a mobster, or faking being a bride wannabe? Easy peasy.

Only, it really isn’t. Because not only does her possible groom not actually not want to be a groom (those pesky moms and their manipulations in order to get grandkids can be a real pain – even if they are really, really old) he is a 400-year-old vampire. Uh. She certainly didn’t expect THAT!

The town of Nocturne Falls, where Halloween is a 365 day event, is a character in the book all on its own. A great one at that. This is book one, and I can hardly wait to dig into the next. Great fun with a light and fluffy attitude!