soireadthisbooktoday

So, I Read This Book Today . . .

Editing Fees and Guidelines

I look forward to working with you!

Death's Hand
S.M. Reine
Perfect
J.C. Mells
Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson, Robert J. Crane, S.M. Reine, Daniel Arenson

Fabulous, funny and filled with excitement

Night of the Living Demon Slayer - Angie Fox

Angie Fox just keeps the fun going! Amazon’s ‘Freebie” program turned up a jewel when I found the first book of this series, The Accidental Demon Slayer. As I said in that review, “I am thrilled to say I wound up with a ruby. Hey, I like rubies better than diamonds, so sue me!”

“Come on, who wouldn’t be thrilled to have a kick-butt, 70-something, pink-Harley-riding grandma show up on your doorstep on your 30th birthday to help you kick demon backside? Well, if you happen to be the ‘turning-thirty-preschool-teacher” hiding in the bathroom from said grandma, things can get a bit confusing, but come on. A Pink Harley? Got to love it!”

“And the action only starts there. Strap your hyperactive Jack Russell into a ferret bag across your chest, hop on the back of Grandma’s Hog, (even if you do get carsick in anything faster than a tricycle) and take off for the Red Skull Hog Ridin’ Grannies biker bar, with demons in pursuit. What happens after had me grinning like a crazed biker granny myself, as Lizzie and Grandma kick fanny and take names across the American South – and a good portion of Hell.”

Night of the Living Demon Slayer” is Book Seven of the Demon Slayer Series, and I have to say, this one is just as good as the first one. I haven’t had an opportunity to read the ‘in-between’ books yet, but I was still able to read this one and greatly enjoy it without reading them. But I do have the rest of them on my list and fully intend to read them. They are just too much fun not to.

This time, Lizzie and the hog ridin’ grannies, along with Pirate the talking Jack Russell and Flappy the white dragon (yep, Lizzie has all the cool pets!) are headed to New Orleans to help out Carpenter, a Necromancer Lizzie owes a favour, take out a zombie white alligator. Yep. It is bound to be exciting – and it doesn’t disappoint. Action and adventure, zombies and voodoo, oh yes – this is some great fun!

Let yourself relax, open your mind to the fun, and enjoy this series. It isn’t serious, so don’t expect it to be. Just be prepared to appreciate it for what it is – a rip-roaring good time!

Overall, Angie goes in my ‘must read when I am reading just for myself’ pile. She made me laugh, and her story was a pure, guilty pleasure. What more can I ask?

Recommended.

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for a realistic review. All thoughts are my own. Thank you, Season Publishing and Angie Fox!!

Source: http://soireadthisbooktoday.com