soireadthisbooktoday

So, I Read This Book Today . . .

Editing Fees and Guidelines

I look forward to working with you!

Death's Hand
J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson, Robert J. Crane, S.M. Reine, Daniel Arenson

Delectable

Delectable - Adrianne Lee Delectable
Adrianne Lee

Delectable by Adrianne Lee has great potential when one reads the description. A man goes away for a month, fishing. While he is away his mother sets up a pie shop in what used to be his office. Sounds cute.
What actually occurs is much less than cute. When his father passes away, Quint, a real estate agent, throws a tantrum and runs away for a month, fishing in Alaska, leaving his mother to handle her grief on her own, while pretty much advising his wife she is too much trouble to bother with.

Apparently, this is not new behaviour for him. Throughout the book Quint is spoiled, self-centered, self absorbed, thoughtless, smug, and generally acts like a 12 year old having a temper fit. A 12 year old who is afraid that all his boys will think he is a sissy if he can bake a pie.

Overall? An extremely poor take on what should have been a cute story. I wanted to slap the ‘heroine’ more than I wanted to keep reading about her. Both of them deserved one another – even after two years of being treated like nothing more than an annoyance, she still is more interested in playing ‘match-the-hoohaws’ than understanding that the problems with the self-centered egotist with the ‘macho stupid’ attitude will never go away. She might give him his way and get back together with him for a while – but as he sets up yet another fishing trip right in the middle of an event that will spell the making or breaking of his mother’s new business – don’t get your hopes up there, girlie.

Not recommended.

This book was provided to me for an honest review.