soireadthisbooktoday

So, I Read This Book Today . . .

Editing Fees and Guidelines

I look forward to working with you!

Death's Hand
S.M. Reine
Perfect
J.C. Mells
Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson, Robert J. Crane, S.M. Reine, Daniel Arenson

My Favorite Boarlander!

Boarlander Bash Bear (Boarlander Bears) (Volume 2) - T.S. Joyce

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” ― Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It

Boarlander Bash Bear is the second in T.S. Joyce’s Boarlander Series, part of her group of stories revolving around the Shifters of Damon’s Mountain. I was so glad I didn’t have to wait long for Bash’s story! In Boarlander Boss Bear, we got to meet Harrison Lang, the Crew Boss for the Boarlanders, the C-Crew of the mountain.  They are the ‘dead-ends’ – the team that would rather bleed each other than get along. Well, mostly due to Clinton, the biggest pain-in-the-ass on the mountain.

Sebastian “Bash” Kane has been fighting the ban on women in the park from the outset, and now that Harrison and Audrey are hooked up, Bash gets the OK to fill that hole in his heart – if he can find the right woman. And the right woman just happens to be Emerson Elliot, a damaged woman with a dark history who is simply looking for a friend (although she has had a crush on the Bash for years . . .)

Bash himself is a pure joy as a character. Lighthearted, big, and goofy, he considers himself to be stupid, and is embarrassed about it, but his heart is so very good, and he is so sweet, you can’t help fall in love with him and wish he were yours. And actually? Well, Bash isn’t as stupid as he has been led to believe, and you will have to read the book to truly enjoy the layers he reveals.

The romance is here, just as expected, but there is a lot more to like about this series than just snuggles. Joyce addresses serious issues of prejudice, race hatred, nasty politics and more. The Boarlander series promises to be much more than just another Shifter Romance.

I have received books from T.S. Joyce in the past in exchange for a realistic review. I am not sure if I received this one for free, so I will just say that I have received books in the past in exchange for a realistic review and this one may or may not be one of those, but how I received the books has no impact on any of my reviews.

Source: http://soireadthisbooktoday.com