soireadthisbooktoday

So, I Read This Book Today . . .

Editing Fees and Guidelines

I look forward to working with you!

Death's Hand
S.M. Reine
Perfect
J.C. Mells
Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson, Robert J. Crane, S.M. Reine, Daniel Arenson

Tiny but tough - a white wererabbit kicks fanny!

Southern Shifters: Impawsible (Kindle Worlds Novella) (Buchanan Clan Book 1) - Celia Kyle

“You are such a chick.”
I widened my eyes in mock surprise.
“No way. Are you sure?”
― Gena Showalter, Alice in Zombieland

A werebunny. Really? Why oh why, Bethany Buchanan wonders, did she have to be born a werebunny?! A white werebunny at that. Oh, and a white werebunny who was raised by a pride of lions, no less . . . Sigh.

When certain members of the Buchanan Pride decide that Bethany would be a ‘tasty appetizer’ she decides to move away, to Deals Gap, North Carolina, a safe haven for unusual shifters. Little did she know she was waltzing right into the same type of danger she tried so hard to leave behind.

Bethany is a great character. She may be an itty-bitty bunny in a big scary world but she is one tough cookie. Living in the pride, no matter how much her adoptive family wants to protect her, is dangerous – the males of the pride are intent on eating her – one way or the other, if you get my drift. So much for That nonsense!

But life in Deals Gap doesn’t look like it is going to be easy either, as she is pursued by yet another lion with itty-bitty bunny on the top of his appetizer list. Enter Carter, the tiger-wolf hybrid, who is determined to convince Bethany that he is her true mate, stage right. And you know what? Carter is good for her – but she doesn’t suddenly kowtow to him and his strength. Instead, the bunny is strong enough to stand up for herself, as well as taking a bit of assistance from her new mate.

I loved Bethany, Carter was one of the more amenable alpha males I have run across in a while, and Bethany’s adoptive parents and sisters were perfectly balanced. There is humor, thrills and a nice intro to the Buchanan in this first of a series. Apparently there is a whole “Southern Shifters” group of books out there written by several authors. I will have to check the others out when I get time. I am glad Celia is joining the group – her humour is awesome!

I received “Impawsible” from the author in exchange for a realistic review. All thoughts are my own. If you enjoyed my review, please click here and choose “Like”. It helps both me and my authors!

Source: http://soireadthisbooktoday.com